- 1 oz Devils River Bourbon Whiskey
- 1 oz lemon juice
- 3/4 oz blackberry simple syrup*
- Fever-tree tonic water
- Add the Devils River Bourbon Whiskey, lemon juice and blackberry simple syrup into a shaker.
- Add ice, blackberries and a lemon slice into a mason jar
- Strain into mason jar top with tonic water
*Blackberry Simple Syrup Instructions (optional):
- Put the blackberries, sugar, and water in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook for 15-25 minutes, stirring occasionally until blackberries have softened and you have a thick syrup.
- Strain syrup through a mesh sieve to separate any seeds or lumps from the syrup. You can discard the leftover pulp, although I like to freeze it in ice cube trays and pop a cube or two in smoothies.
- Let syrup cool on the counter for 20 minutes or so before you make the drinks.