For the meatballs
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 c. bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1 T. smoked paprika
- 1 T. dried parsley
- 2 t. garlic powder
- 2 t. onion powder
- 1 t. cayenne
- 1 t. salt
For the sauce
- 2 c. BBQ sauce
- 1/3 c. brown sugar
- ¼ c. Devils River Barrel Strength Bourbon Whiskey
- Line a large baking sheet or pan with foil and top with a cooking rack. Set aside.
- Add all of the ingredients for the meatballs to a large mixing bowl, and use your hands to mix until fully combined.
- Form 1-1½”-sized meatballs from the meat mixture and place them on the cooking rack/baking sheet. (You don’t have to worry about spacing them far apart—they won’t spread as they cook.)
- Once all of the meatballs have been assembled and placed on the pan, broil in the oven for 5-6 minutes (until browned).
- While the meatballs are broiling, whisk together the sauce ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
- When the meatballs have browned, remove them from the oven and place them in the pot of a slow cooker. Pour the sauce over the top, and gently stir the contents to make sure all of the meatballs are coated.
- Cook on high for 1-2 hours, and serve while warm.
Created in partnership with The Whimsical Cook.