- 1 sheet premade puff pastry
- 2 T. butter
- 1 pint sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 2-3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 T. Devil’s River Rye Whiskey
- 1 T. fresh oregano, roughly chopped
- 1 T. fresh thyme, roughly chopped
- 1 T. fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 8 oz. goat cheese
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Thaw the premade pastry according to package instructions, then cut into nine squares. Place those squares inside the cavities of a standard-size muffin tin, and gently pressing down to shape the pastry into a sort of cup. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the butter is hot, add the mushrooms to the skillet and sauté until nicely browned – about 8 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and cook another minute or so.
- Remove the skillet from the heat just long enough to add the Rye Whiskey, then place back on the burner and cook until the whiskey has cooked off.
- Remove the skillet from heat and stir in the herbs. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Add roughly 1 T. of goat cheese into each pastry-lined cup in the muffin tin.
- Beat the egg with a splash of water in a small bowl, and then brush the egg wash around the exposed edges of the pastry.
- Next, top the goat cheese-stuffed pastry cups with the herby mushrooms.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, or until the edges of the pastry have baked and turned golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, top with extra herbs and fresh-cracked pepper, if desired, and allow to cool slightly before serving.
Created in partnership with The Whimsical Cook.