An instant classic, the Chocolate and Coffee Bourbon Pecan Pie made with Devils River Coffee Bourbon. Perfect for any family gathering.
- 1 unbaked pie crust
- ¾ c. corn syrup
- ¾ c. dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 T. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 T. vanilla extract
- 2 T. Devil’s River Coffee Bourbon
- 3 ½ c. pecan halves (roasted, preferred!), divided
- ½ c. dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°, and line a pie pan with the pie crust, crimping the edges as desired. Set aside.
- Roughly chop 3 cups of the pecans—I highly recommend using a food processor so that you end up with a nice mix of larger chunks and smaller pieces of pecans (I really like having that variety of pecan piece sizes running throughout the pie!). Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the corn syrup, brown sugar, eggs, melted butter, vanilla, Coffee Bourbon, and a pinch of salt.
- Fold in the chopped pecans and chocolate, and pour the mixture into the prepared pie pan.
- Line the outer circumference of the pie, just inside the edges of the pie crust, with the remaining ½ c. of pecan halves (or feel free to use your creativity to layout the pecan halves however you like on top!).
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, keeping an eye on the crust. Check around the 25-minute mark—if the crust is already getting golden brown, cover with aluminum foil or a crust protector to keep it from getting too brown while the pie finishes.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely, preferably in the refrigerator, before serving.
- Slice and enjoy!
Created in partnership with The Whimsical Cook.