Mint Strawberry Whiskey Smash
Get in the summertime spirit early with this Sinfully Smooth strawberry cocktail recipe by @s.a.foodie.
- 3 strawberries, hulled
- 8 fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 oz Devils River Bourbon Whiskey
- 1 oz simple syrup
- Crushed ice
- Topped off with ginger ale
- Garnish with strawberry or mint
- Place the strawberries and mint into a cocktail shaker. Using a muddler (or the back of a wooden spoon), thoroughly mash the two ingredients.
- Then add in the lemon juice, whiskey, and simple syrup. Seal the lid onto the cocktail shaker and shake vigorously.
- Place sugar on a small plate. Line the rim of a glass with a lemon wedge and then dip into the sugar to coat the rim of the glass.
- Fill the glass halfway with crushed ice. Then pour the strawberry mixture over it. Top it off with ginger ale, sprite or soda water. Garnish with a strawberry.
Enjoy, Devils Advocates.