Ancho Espresso Beef Tri-Tip
Ancho Expresso Beef Tri-Tip
- 1 E3 Meats Tri Tip
- 2 Tablespoons Lanes BBQ Ancho Espresso Seasoning
- 2 Teaspoons Salt, Kosher
- 2 Tablespoons Tallow (Rendered Beef Fat)
- 3 Tablespoons Devils River Coffee Bourbon
- Stabilize your grill at 425F and set up the grill for indirect cooking.
- Season both sides of the Tri tip with Lanes Bbq Ancho Espresso Seasoning and Salt.
- Place the tri tip in a cast iron pan and coat with tallow and transfer into the indirect grill.
- Roast for 1 hour, flipping the steak half way into the cook.
- Take the steak out and “Scruff the outside of the steak with a sharp knife. Drizzle the Finishing bourbon over the top and return to the grill for another 15 minutes.
- Remove the steak from the grill and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice across the grain and transfer to your serving platter.
- 3 Ears of Corn, Soaked Husk on for 3 hours
Leaving the husk on the ears of corn, soak in water for at least 3 hours. Place them in a stabilized 425F indirect grill or oven. Roast for 30 minutes and flip then roast until the corn has steamed in the husk and become slightly tender. This should be another 30 minutes (1 hour in total depending on the size of the ears of corn)
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 3 Sweet potato
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
Slightly oil the outside of your sweet potatoes and place them in a stabilized 425F indirect grill or oven. Roast for 30 minutes and flip then roast until fork tender. This should be another 45 minutes (1 hour and 15 minutes in total depending on the size of the potato).
Once the sweet potatoes are fork tender, slice through the roof of each potato and top with 1 Tablespoon of Coffee Bourbon Compound Butter.
Coffee Bourbon Compound Butter
- 8 oz Unsalted Butter
- ½ Teaspoon Salt, kosher
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar, Light
- 2 Tablespoons Devils River Coffee Bourbon
Bring butter to room temp and fold in the ingredients. Refrigerate for 15 minutes to let the butter get a bit more firm to hold shape.